Left 4 Dead

Stereo reversed only on Left4Dead

Use this section to discuss anything about Left 4 Dead.

Stereo reversed only on Left4Dead

Postby AlexBangBang77 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Hey guys, my audio is reverse ONLY on Left4dead I don't know why, for example when I hear a hunter on my left he's on my right and of course when I hear a zombie ahead he is on my
back.
You should know that the noise is very important and usefull in this game and it's been a
long time now that I try to figure it out how to reverse the audio on the good way but it seems like I lost patience.
I cannot reverse the audio on WINDOWS and I was looking for a lot of options just to reverse the audio when I would play this game. It seems like my problem is very rare because I didn't met the same problem on an other forum somewhere. If somebody know what's wrong I'll move back to you guys.
Of course i did the test on windows and it seems like my stereo works well on youtube, counter strike and other stuff. My drivers are all updated for sure so I guess the last option would be that Windows 10 is the real problem. :think:

And to finish I know that you'll give me the advice to play with a headphone and to reverse it, that's what I'm doing actually but to be honest I hate playing with a headphone, anyway thanks for your help and see you in-game :thumbup:
Keep calm, I'm a pro
AlexBangBang77
Special Infected

Re: Stereo reversed only on Left4Dead

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Isn't there such a setting in the game audio options?

Otherwise it could still be that your config got somehow messed up.
I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad.
Ξv!L_tony

Postby £ëØñ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Hey alex, there are few questions to be asked to help you out, but i will ask and answer at the same time if possible to help u xd

if you're using headset, make sure sounds on both sides are balanced to same volume, also, make sure you are wearing the headset in the right way, which can be the most ignored solution xd

also check the configuration of ur headset to make sure they are giving the sounds in the right directions.

Edit#1: also make sure your speakers are 5.1 or 7.1, to at least support the surrounded sounds. but since u said it only happens on l4d, i would recommend doing a Snd_rebuildaudiocache see if it helps.

EDIT#2: and last thing varify game cache from steam library.
I still remember what happened last time, wonder if i should reveal the truth or keep it buried.
£ëØñ
Veteran

Postby hunk.dso » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Mb ur cfg of game is fucked. If you want ( i don´t know if it is useful in this situation, that is ur choice ;) ) you can delete ur cfg and reinstall again:

1. First IN-GAME click options - Steam Cloud - UNCHECK (don't sync)
2. Close l4d
3. go to this directory (if not in windows figure it out):
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead"
4. Delete the directory named "cfg" entirely
5. Open Steam and go to your LIBRARY and right click on l4d.
6. Click Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files.
7. Click Yes to all and it will re-download that directory.
8. Reconfigure your files as desired and play
.[H]uŋK` #
hunk.dso
Working Bee

Postby AlexBangBang77 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:30 pm

Thanks for all your answers guys, It seems like reinstalling the cache doesn't work because my stereo is still reverse, I guess it's a problem between my motherboard and the game. Anyway thanks for your help
Keep calm, I'm a pro
AlexBangBang77
Special Infected

Postby £ëØñ » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:23 pm

one last thing the audio option in left4dead, did u check if it was on the right option for speaker? this is the last thing i can think of.
I still remember what happened last time, wonder if i should reveal the truth or keep it buried.
£ëØñ
Veteran

Postby AlexBangBang77 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:45 pm

Yes I'm actually using speakers 2.1, I even tried to put the option on headphones or 4 speakers mode but nothing change. :problem:
Keep calm, I'm a pro
AlexBangBang77
Special Infected

Postby £ëØñ » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 pm

AlexBangBang77 wrote:Yes I'm actually using speakers 2.1, I even tried to put the option on headphones or 4 speakers mode but nothing change. :problem:

then u may skipped reading my post xd 2.1 speakers may give a sound of surroundings but it will never be as true as 5.1, it can happen with left 4 dead, same with my dolby speakers in my laptop, it feels like reverse but thats the way they show the sound for left 4 dead.
£ëØñ
Veteran

Postby AlexBangBang77 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:19 am

No I don't think so Leon, I mean I have bought a new computer for now 4 months and I'm actually

using the same speakers than my last computer where I was playing left 4 dead, I didn't notice any

problem with the sound surrounding until now, it's been a long time I didn't play left4dead which I

started with my new computer/motherboard/graphic card... I have too many playtime to know that

something wrong in the game lol.

I guess something mess with my config. As I said I noticed that the stereo is only reverse on Left4dead not on CSS for example.
Keep calm, I'm a pro
AlexBangBang77
Special Infected

Postby AlexBangBang77 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:21 am

One last thing, you told me to put the speakers option on 5.1, something that I tried and as I said
nothing change.
Keep calm, I'm a pro
AlexBangBang77
Special Infected

Next