Gaming General

[KF2] Creating a group of players to play Killing Floor 2

Use this section to talk about anything dealing with other games you play.

[KF2] Creating a group of players to play Killing Floor 2

Postby Walker The Ranger » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:02 pm

AN INDECENT PROPOSAL

Hi, Hero survivors! First of everything I have to apologize for opening another thread about Killing Floor 2 when there is already one to talk about that game in this forum. However, the goal of this post is very specific and I think it will work better as a separate thread. The administrators are free to delete it, if they think it goes against the rules of the forum.

I will try to get to the point: some months ago I purchased Killing Floor 2 in Steam and I was wondering if there were more usual players from the Hero servers who bought this game and were interested in creating a group to play Killing Floor 2 from time to time. The game can be played for free during this weekend and has a -33% discount: http://store.steampowered.com/app/232090/.

For the moment the game itself does not have an option to create your own server (or I cannot find it). You have to open the server browser in the main menu and join an existing one. However, there is a way to create your own dedicated server and protect it with a password so only your friends can join. If we succeed in interesting enough people in this initiative, one of us (with a decent connection) could create a dedicated server when we agree to play. This way we could also change the difficulty, the number of waves per game, the maps, or even the game mode when we want. I plan to post a little guide about this topic later.

If you have the game and you are interested in this idea, please copy the list below in your post and add your own name to it. And, by all means, give your opinion about this proposal: if you think it is a good idea, when you would like to play every week, etc. For now, I only know Tijger who is also interested in playing this game with other friends from Hero servers.

People interested in playing Killing Floor 2:
*Tijgertjuh^^
*Walker The Ranger
Walker The Ranger
Infected

Re: [KF2] Creating a group of players to play Killing Floor

Postby Shiroyasha » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:06 pm

It can be a good idea players were thinking about it! I might purchase the game even if i was waiting to see the final version :clap:
You have the strongest armor, because you are the weakest!
Shiroyasha
Point-Whore

Postby FaFlFaMa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:25 am

Game is awesome \o\ I would also host a server, but damn tripwire wont release a linux version....
CS:Go Stats
Does it hurt? Good!
FaFlFaMa
Sith

Postby static » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:04 pm

People interested in playing Killing Floor 2:
*Tijgertjuh^^
*Walker The Ranger
*HaxorHayZeus
*static
- -

I play a lot of Killing Floor 2 *-* Whenever I play I always invite others, so it almost becomes a secret HERO party :lol:
I can see how hosting a server would be slightly better than just gathering people up and joining a random server. Though I feel that option would be very beneficial if we're playing higher difficulties so random low levels or just other people don't join our game and ruin it. Either way, lets see where this goes :wave:
♡♡ ナンクルナイサ ♡♡
static
Jedi

Postby Usama lashari » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:12 pm

uummmhhh .......... guys............. how about killing floor 1 , i got first installment of this series and i really loved that. Like how you manage ur ammo and perks things ? umh and i cant run kf2 : ( it would be great if we got servers like =HERO= KF servers ? i know it will cost much ... so whats next

I dont know what i am writing so :?
I don't always Say something stupid

:lol: But when i do ,I keep talking to make it worse :lol:
Usama lashari
Addict

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:53 am

Danny is also playing it so maybe he can manage to provide a server.

Actually it also makes me interested, but I don't really want to buy new games on steam since I don't have much time to play them anyways. Afterall it is summer and I'd rather go swimming on a sunny Saturday instead of sitting in front of the PC.
I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad.
Ξv!L_tony

Postby FaFlFaMa » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:03 am

atm you would need a windows server or rent a KF2 server at a hosting company. Would they start providing a Linux server, would have already made one x)
CS:Go Stats
Does it hurt? Good!
FaFlFaMa
Sith