Gaming General

New PC

Use this section to talk about anything dealing with other games you play.

Re: New PC

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:25 am

Right now I'm planning to get this:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Mainboard - MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G
RAM - HyperX DIMM 16GB DDR4-2133 Kit
SSD - Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB
Case - be quiet! Silent Base 800
PSU - be quiet! POWER ZONE 650W
CPU Cooler - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Disk burner - LG GH24NSD1
Screen - ASUS VG248QE

With the current prices it should be exactly 1500€
I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad.
Ξv!L_tony

Postby freakymachine » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:21 am

ach i dont know^^

"its fine" ..but techniclly board is way too expansive, for what it can do and how fast it will diminish in price; take anything for max 100 € (cause else with the 200 € board you get again to x99 section-possibility = 100% more power for same price)

https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/msi+b3 ... oChx7w_wcB

https://www.computerbase.de/2017-04/msi ... 350-preis/

I mean B350 and X370 are basically both "Midrange" ; the one is a VW Golf V with Climatecontrol and 20 PS more and the other one hasnt... Tiny details which diminish in history, never to be remembered, cared of or made that big of a difference that you would say nowadays ; "Hey remember the B67-Chipset over the H67 Chipset ?" ..I even cant remember nowadays which one of those 2 supposed to be the better one ?! - In the end both work, both could take same type of cpu and did same framerate in games. And both are total uninteresting now anyway, same will happen to the small Am4 chipsets.

And since the specs are so close together (the x-370 you want if you but 3-graphcards together, which the b350 cant?) .. wouldnt care for that details, unless its an x99, which dimish all these numbers, like a 4-Zylinder Golf V vs an BMW with V8 ..no detail-hack-meck^^ ..But might save you those 100 € per machine.

-----------

Since its Computex, many news around, but in short,

Intel X299 is just a reheat X99, same config, but new Socket, to "get people to buy new shit" ..which isnt new, 18-Core i9 for 2000 € vs Xeon E5 22 Core or 1500 € on previous model, thats not an "upgrade". Uses same Quad/DDR4/PCI-3 3.0, so basically nothing new.

AMD X399 will be interesting, due 128 PCI-Lanes, thats at least an "upgrade" worthy thing, but yet only max 16-Cores and Board supposed to cost 599 Dollars alone.
So its basically an AMD Version of the X99, but with maybe in future options to upgrade to 24,32 Cores ?!

Everything else, 3,6,8-Cores are already "dead", to be sold off, to make space in storage for the real next-gen, DDR5, PCIE-E 4.0, pure Multicore-Systems. Shiny stuff to blend customers, to buy.

I feel it myself, "uh X299" ...but was the same with X79, you get flamed, infected, but in reality, x58 is still the mainboard to be used :) ..for good reasons :) (cause its good and rest is not so good )

well. Go and buy anyway, you need something, "its always wrong to buy "now"" ..but that was always the problem :) At least know what you buy or what you pay too much for or which buy is good, not so good, cant be avoided, had to be done in good or bad choice.

Bla, damn its night, i have bad sleep ryhtm currently :) enough computershit :P

My best-wy still stands ; get X99, its too cheap, too good, uncompareable, kicks off X299 and X399, and everything else anyway. which is very rare in Computerhistory to be seen. (History doesnt repeat, but it ryhmes ? - I feel so X58,x79 remembered, it was so much the same)
itwasntme who shot you... sryyy!!
freakymachine
Jedi

Postby freakymachine » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:59 am

uhuh, one forgotten, ehm why you buy old 2.5 inch ssd ?!

Get M2-NVME SSD with like 3x the speed for same price ?! Samsung Evo 960 ?!

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info ... l#techdata

Thats 520MB/sec vs 1900Mb/sec . thats nuts/insane, dont do it, dont trough that away.
Thts a lifetime you spend on loading screens, with that you get some lifetime back^^..

Rly dont do it, my SSD from 2011 does the same transferrates like the 850 Model.
Also i remember some bugs and fixes, firmwareupgrades for the 850er Generation, since it had/have some problems. Nothing serioius, but for a few years i dont touch the 850er series anymore, had 4 put in systems, 2 had problems, could fix, but i never trusted them as i did before.
itwasntme who shot you... sryyy!!
freakymachine
Jedi

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:30 am

freakymachine wrote:I mean B350 and X370 are basically both "Midrange"

But that's exactly what I'm looking for, the better midrange ;)

I know it could be much better or I could save money. But I don't need anything better and this system will last 3-5 years again. So I also don't want to save money to be able to invest it in 2 years again.

About the SSD, I was sure you wrote to me somewhere about it, but I couldn't find it anymore. I will compare and probably replace my choice.
Ξv!L_tony

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:00 am

New PC is build up and working fine, I might post some pictures of our desk with the new PCs when Boo is done with exams ;)
Ξv!L_tony

Postby daywalk3r[RO] » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:16 am

cant wait to see ;)
congratz for new pc !
and.. good luck with exams Boo!!
What's the point of being afraid of the zombie apocalypse..when you are already a zombie?
daywalk3r[RO]
VIP

Postby MrKzK » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 pm

that's some good hardware ;)
So WHERE ARE THE COOKIES BRO?
MrKzK
Gamer

Previous