Board index General Admission News

News

Dynamic Paths

This forum is for news related to our servers and community.

Dynamic Paths

Postby =H=Danny » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:10 am

Hello All,

Just to let you know that we are not sitting still and try to improve our servers everyday if possible, at the moment we are busy in some levels to have "Dynamic Paths" meaning that some levels change (on map reload, fail, start) the way you have to walk or can walk to make the game more interesting, and it won't be the same as you know.

this is also with spawning alarm cars, this will happen "director" based, meaning that you play you will see the alarm car, and the next time you will join this level or fail, the car can be gone.

we are still in a testing fase, so do you see any bugs, or do not like these "dynamic paths" just tell us and we will see what we can do about it.

=H=Danny
www.l4d-hero.nl a growing l4d community / clan
=H=Danny
Site Admin

Re: Dynamic Paths

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:11 pm

Isn't it possible to make the truck of Blood Harvest stop somewhere else (like behind the house ... would be much harder). Same with the ship in Death Toll.
I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad.
Ξv!L_tony

Postby =H=Danny » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:15 pm

I have been testing that, I just need a test server for it, the SUV is around 20 different layers I need to adjust, not an easy task at all, same as the ship..

it's still on my to do list..
www.l4d-hero.nl a growing l4d community / clan
=H=Danny
Site Admin

Postby BoskiMichael » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Hmm i have one idea, there is possibility to create path that remove that.. something,( i dont know how call it in english) Image that would be cool, i think that is small change but define different approach of defending while team wait for saferoom to open. And thats cool yeah?^^
This world need more heroes
BoskiMichael
Mini-Master

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:19 pm

Like you are passing something and suddenly there is an explosion behind you and you can't move back because the way got blocked?
I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad.
Ξv!L_tony

Postby £ëØñ » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Not sure if possible but, in l4d2 they made it like in-game action, dead center 1st map while you're walking in the hallway suddenly a room infront of you explodes and you have to go other side of the hotel to get passed the area
I still remember what happened last time, wonder if i should reveal the truth or keep it buried.
£ëØñ
Veteran

Postby Ninja Santa » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:38 pm

Sounds cool. I seen the picture tony posted on Facebook on No Mercy 1 level. Also leon i remember some doors exploded and if you open some fire burst out of the room blocking the hallway and if you happen to open it you better run or you will burn alive XD :lol: :lol: Can't wait to play and see the new dynamic paths. :thumbup:
Left 4 Dead -=HERO=-. Ninja Santa
This is how the world ends, not with a bang but a...bite
Ninja Santa
VIP

Postby BoskiMichael » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:09 am

hehe, ok i feel little stupid now^^ i had idea about something different and my picture just doesnt uploaded. http://postimg.org/image/fj6ya55bv/ that link to that photo, its in Crash Course.
BoskiMichael
Mini-Master

Postby £ëØñ » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:15 am

There aren't many saferooms with that type to make it more difficult even The sacrifice 2nd map Sr its wide open both sides yet zombies are able to be defended.
I still remember what happened last time, wonder if i should reveal the truth or keep it buried.
£ëØñ
Veteran

Postby BoskiMichael » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:43 am

Yeah, you have right £ëØñ, but it's still something better than fight always in the same way eaven if that not increse difficulty in big way. hmm btw, if im not wrong, long time ago, there was medikits in different spots of the map, not in the safe room, why this idea was abandoned?
BoskiMichael
Mini-Master

Next