Reports and Issues

(RU)Drakon-please be patient and read everything

Use this section to report a problem with players or pled your case to be unbanned and such.

Re: (RU)Drakon-please be patient and read everything

Postby £ëØñ » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:16 pm

hunk.dso wrote:The problem is when one player go play only for talk and not for play, i hope u understand me what i mean :D. Drakon bro, u don´t know stay in silence one minute :D and the most of time you don´t talk about game things. Im sure if u have ur mic broken, u can´t spend more of 15minutes playing. But let´s dont focus on him too, we all know who players spam the mic and some of them are the same than years ago! Sometimes i dont know if im playing to one game or if im in Tomorrowland´s festival bc the mic spam is really annoying. I know players that don´t play/ don´t join because that...and it´s a problem! ;) I know i can mute people but sometimes make me shy do it because i dont want that people think bad about me or think im rude...so let´s try search a solution :)


u can use /settings, it wont show in chat and u can always mute others so u will be playing ur game, and wont hurt their feelings or show that ur bad xd
I still remember what happened last time, wonder if i should reveal the truth or keep it buried.
User avatar
£ëØñ
Veteran
 
Posts: 1737
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:50 am

Re: (RU)Drakon-please be patient and read everything

Postby hunk.dso » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Ah, didn´t know that, good :D :lol:
.[H]uŋK` #
User avatar
hunk.dso
Working Bee
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Re: (RU)Drakon-please be patient and read everything

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 pm

We still can keep collecting opinions of other people, but in the end the problem is clear and we need to find a solution for everyone.

Many people already said that they don't see !settings as an option.

I don't know if players will be happy if Drakon or other talkative people promise to talk less

Another option could be a !votemute command. Admins already have this option, it should be possible to unlock it for members (since they have immunity), but Danny already told me that it might be complicated to offer this command for every player.
For me it would be a nice alternative because the majority makes the decision and in the end we will never be able to fulfill everyones needs or wishes, it's simply impossible.

Very last option would be a simple mute by admins, which I also don't really see as a solution because there are still players who join exactly for this kind of communication. As I said, the FR18 is not our server for serious gaming, we got other servers for this, but we still can try to make playing in there for people as comfortable as possible.
I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad.
User avatar
Ξv!L_tony
Moderator
 
Posts: 8287
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: (RU)Drakon-please be patient and read everything

Postby Mark Slasher » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies and I hope to get some more.

Putting Drakons behavior aside, we are here to solve this problem so his behavior is no longer important.


1.) !votemute is the most realistic solution.
The reasons are:

a.) majority has to decide, so if a player is chosen to be muted it is a clear indication that he is a problem, and not the person complaining.
b.) I disagree with Danny. !votekick command is absolutely not abused and so the same will happen with !votemute
I belive his fears have no real arguments since if most people find a players behavior too much, they will vote for it. If not, then thoose people who are annoyed are a minority and should read a book as infinity said.
c.) !votemute abuse can be reported same as Moxnaxs got punished for !votekick abuse.

2.) Having a vote here on forum if someone should be muted for a certain ammount of time or not.
I belive players should vote too because admins arent the only ones who have to put up with this behavior and arent the only ones playing

Few thoughts on !settings and Nissas/TheEndofInfinitys propositions

Thoughts on !settings


I belive Danny created !settings to please every player on server.
But this has a boomerang effect. If someone is annoyed by a certain player playing then all he should do is mute on settings? Not that simple Im afraid.

It is not possible to make every player mute someone mostly because they are ashamed of doing it(like Hunk clearly indicated) and that posses a problem.

It is more effective for the majority to mute the person responsible for spam then to do this.
And more fair. Why you ask?
Because if a person is muted threw !settings that is causing the spam then he will learn to carry on his behavior unpunished.
If a person is muted then that person will realize their behavior is unaceptable and maybe make some changes.

Nissas proposition

Nissa, I find this proposition counterproductive because we came here to solve to problems of microphone spammers, not RUN from them on a steam group.

Again, certain voice spammer will learn to accept that his behavior is not punished rather avoided threw a steam group and I find that will only make Drakon and other voice spammers speak even more.


TheEndofInfinitys suggestion

This is the sames as Nissas.
Avoiding the problem.
A problem should be solved. If it is left like this then spammers and rules breakers will start to rule the server and many people will stop playing because Drakons will appear from every corner and there will be more than one person to avoid on server.


Thank you for reading.
Mark Slasher
Infected
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: (RU)Drakon-please be patient and read everything

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:59 pm

I'm surprised about your detailed knowledge about issues in the past :o

Mark Slasher wrote:I disagree with Danny. !votekick command is absolutely not abused


You wrote it on your own in the next sentence: it got abused in the past and it still can easily get abused again when there is a server with 4 friends playing and they don't want to play with the 5 player who is just joining. It still happens regularly on our other servers.

I don't think this would be a problem with !votemute since it doesn't have such a strong effect, so I don't the the problem of an abuse of that command.

Mark Slasher wrote:2.) Having a vote here on forum if someone should be muted for a certain ammount of time or not.
I belive players should vote too because admins arent the only ones who have to put up with this behavior and arent the only ones playing


Our admins have to catch the player in-game to be able to mute him. Furthermore I think until we get a result in the forum about a mute at least 1 week passed. In my eyes that too much for a simple mute.

Mark Slasher wrote:I belive Danny created !settings to please every player on server.


This point might be the problem: Danny is not a coder and can't write such plugins. Maybe we are lucky because I can imagine that it's very similar to !votekick, but we still depend on Danny.

I think we already made clear that !settings is not an option and we simply won't agree about it, so let's not keep discussing it in here.

Mark Slasher wrote:Nissas proposition


I don't think she is completely wrong! We currently focus on 1 server for 18 people with different attitude, habit, culture, moods, whatever ... it's impossible to make it perfectly comfortable for everyone at the same time. That why we have different server for different kinds of gameplay. Even I as an admin sometimes prefer to play somewhere else with friends because I'm simply not in the mood for FR18.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I currently also tend to the !votemute option, but we can not be sure if this will work. So let's collect further alternatives. In between it should be possible to ask admins in-game to start such a vote when there is too much noise.
I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad.
User avatar
Ξv!L_tony
Moderator
 
Posts: 8287
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: (RU)Drakon-please be patient and read everything

Postby Mark Slasher » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:49 pm

To be honest I was expecting more suggestions from others I feel Im only discussing it with you Tony.

ADDITIONAL: Ive invited Teo to come and leave her opinion because I know for a fact she enjoys talking with Drakon.

So would like to hear her opinion and the people that enjoy his company.


Forgot to add: Ive also asked senior admin Daywalker to leave his opinion.

I support you and your !votemute idea Tony because a permanent solution should be found for outcomes like theese.
Mark Slasher
Infected
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: (RU)Drakon-please be patient and read everything

Postby teosimint » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:36 pm

To be honest I dont have patience to read everything because I already know all this. I have just one question: why not all this shit for Aby? Because she is a gir? Is she funny? She have a really low mic? Beside all you said about Drakon I could add way more about Aby witch is a really old problem, so No for me Drakon is not a problem, I see him funny, he is healping, he is respecting the rules fact that I cant say about a lot of other players and also the admins, Aby dont have any respect for anybody. Honestly I dont see many other players who are trying to make the game more funny because in the end is just a game and we are playing to relax not other reason.
teosimint
Virgin
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:28 am

Re: (RU)Drakon-please be patient and read everything

Postby daywalk3r[RO] » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:11 pm

Holy fuck my eyes are burning and i feel dizzy!
I need a smoke ..brb!
Done! so... my opinion:

I personally like it very much when the game is animated not only by the number of players but by the fact that there is nice/funny/relaxed verbal communication.
But as Mark pointed out, when an individual takes control of the microphone and talks without stopping, not allowing the others to express their opinions or to communicate with each other, then there is a problem.
So..do not mind me Drakon , there was several times when other players have complained at me about the fact that you "spamming the mic". I was there when some players leave the game because of that.Maybe you do not seen this like a problem , you just love to talk,joke,laught but there are players who feel disturbed because of this.So..try to understand the others and look for a compromise ( in this case "talk less" ^^).
Honestly i personally get used to you and you do not disturb/bother me, but as admin i have the obligation to listen to the opinions of others and to try to find a "middle" solution.
I appreciate Mark's gesture to come here to open this discussion and especially because he is looking for an amicable solution to this problem and i encourage others to do that when they encounter a problem with someone or anything else related to the game.
What's the point of being afraid of the zombie apocalypse..when you are already a zombie?
User avatar
daywalk3r[RO]
VIP
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Location: Ploiesti,Romania

Re: (RU)Drakon-please be patient and read everything

Postby TriAngle » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Drakon is funny. And he is a very good player. That's all. End of story.
TriAngle
Infected
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: (RU)Drakon-please be patient and read everything

Postby FrN'qR' » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:15 pm

My personal opinion Drakon is a good person but he talk to much, 95% when he talk Not talking about game. :lol:
Yeah there is who like when he talk because he/she see that as funny moment . :?
Trust me drakon it's not the first or the second time when i see people leave the game because of spamming mic . ( so you must change that )
=H= FrN'qR'
User avatar
FrN'qR'
Kick-Ass
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:51 pm

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 20 minutes)
Most users ever online was 114 on Fri May 26, 2017 10:46 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests