-=HERO=- Team Fortress 2

Making the TF2 more attractive

All info about our TF2 server

Making the TF2 more attractive

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:48 pm

During our "Speaky Friday" we agreed that this server is dead, too.

TF2 is still a game which is played by a lot people, so why not on our server.

What's wrong with the server and what could we change?

It would be great if we all would take a moment to join at least from time to time to see what could be changed and collect some ideas in here.
I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad.
Ξv!L_tony

Re: Making the TF2 more attractive

Postby FaFlFaMa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:22 pm

Cant check atm what config it is running cause its outdated, but I would like sth like ManVSTheMachine. In that mode we could play together, dont know though how many would be able with plugins.
CS:Go Stats
Does it hurt? Good!
FaFlFaMa
Sith

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:15 am

FaFlFaMa wrote:Cant check atm what config it is running cause its outdated

Again?! Why do we even have this server? Whenever somebody wants to play, it's not updated and when it's updated, nobody plays there ...
Ξv!L_tony

Postby Stealthfighter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:45 pm

Would like to play MvM there, it would maybe be nice to use the plugin where you increase the players number from 6 to 10 :) and make it some of af fun/special server. But with 10 players i would it also make much harder server as else it would be to easy ;)

Saw also a plugin where you can increase or decrease the size of the players character, it looked really nice maybe something also to ad, to make like a unique server as there are enough regular ones already. Just thinking out loud here ;) :crazy:
Born to fight
Trained to kill
Ready to die like a HERO
Stealthfighter
Gamer

Postby static » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:08 pm

TF2 updates almost weekly, sometimes it doesn't need to update server-side but sometimes it does.

I agree there are many normal tf2 servers already, and our server is lacking in a lot of things.
This is just my opinion and from my preferences.

* bots- there are servers that have bots join the game after the human players number gets too low or at a specific number. Playing with 2 or 3 people is boring, playing with bots is also boring but at least it's fun to laugh at their stupidity (usually bot-engies :lol: ) I prefer to play on servers with 32 players, it's intense and fun.
    Before TF2 did their competitive mode update, vanilla servers were 24 people which is still fun 12 v 12. This is also why if you check server browser for TF2 you see a lot of servers with 16/24 players. If you check info it's random player names but they all have the same # of hours and sometimes it's a really crazy number like 12hrs.

* instant respawn- this is a 50/50, some people like while others don't but would be a good thing to mess around with. I personally don't care for it either way unless respawn time is like 20 seconds :lolno:

* mapvote- for awhile I have always seen it on 2fort, personally one of the most hated ctf maps lol. Having the ability for players to vote for a map change would be nice OR if we want to make this a '24/7 blank map name' then probably choose a different map for it. I have seen many different ways for players to mapvote either by a player intiating a vote, map will/can change immediately or after a team has won, or the server itself will initiate a voting after x amount of time has passed (or x amount of games have been played). Or sometimes server itself just switches after awhile to a random map after x amount of time without a vote even with no players actively on it.

* replays- this is also 50/50. Being able to record your game via the tf2 feature is nice. This would fall under preference though not really 'needed' but it's a nice feature. I personally don't mind it either way just throwing it out there.

* Halloween enabled/Full Moon enabled- this is a feature that a lot of players really like being able to use your 'halloween' specific cosmetics without having to buy an enchantment.

* Ranks- everyone likes ranks huh? lol. This falls under not really 'needed' but would be nice to mess around with.

That's it for now. Danny doesn't want a novel ;)

These were the first things that came to mind when I saw and entered the server.
♡♡ ナンクルナイサ ♡♡
static
Jedi

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:08 am

And now we wait for Danny?

If it updates weekly, it will never be possible to play on our own server.
Ξv!L_tony

Postby FaFlFaMa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:39 am

Create a automatic update Job - done. Shouldnt be a problem
Does it hurt? Good!
FaFlFaMa
Sith

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:49 am

Depends, our cracked L4D servers also can't get updated automatically ...
Ξv!L_tony

Postby FaFlFaMa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Well With L4D its something different, cause that has to be done manually after the newer versions of L4D break plugins.
Does it hurt? Good!
FaFlFaMa
Sith

Postby Ξv!L_tony » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Ok, then back to this:

Ξv!L_tony wrote:And now we wait for Danny?

Ξv!L_tony

Next